Saturday, June 6, 2015

Day 300 June 1 2015 Main Rest camp- Addo Elephant Park - South Africa

view from cabin in Addo 

cake to celebrate our 300th day of travel

Day 300  June 1 2015  Main Rest camp- Addo Elephant Park -  South Africa


Wow!  It is hard to believe that we have been on sabbatical for 300 days already.  Time really does fly when you are having fun.  We went a ride around the park, it was raining and I was not expecting to see much.  I was wrong and we had a nice drive with the highlight being a jackal eating a rat about 10 feet from the car.  We then drove around a corner and had to stop as there was an elephant standing in the middle of the road. The other part of the pack was in the bush behind us and they walked beside the car to pass us.  The mother put herself between us and her baby and it was a little disconcerting to have them pass so close as they are so big.  We also saw lots of buffalo, zebra, hartebeest and warthogs.  When I checked my e-mail I had a message saying the my mom was still in the hospital with fluid around her heart and lungs.  I also had another e-mail saying that my best friend is in the hospital with a brain hemorrhage and is in serious condition.   We did go to the restaurant to celebrate our 300th day of the sabbatical but the bad news has put a damper on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment