Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 42 to Day 64 Sept 14 2014 to Oct 5 2014 Kenora

WOBBLE CHAIR IN WHITE RIVER
 
MY DAD BACK AT HOME

MY 48TH B-DAY AT THE HOSPITAL

FIRST BIRD OF THE YEAR

BEST TEACHER OF THE YEAR

LATE SEPTEMBER AND SOME VERY COLD WATER

CHECKING OUT THE LOCAL BUCKS

A SPRUCE HEN SHOT DOWN THE 314 ROAD

Day 42 to Day 64        Sept 14 2014 to Oct 5 2014    Kenora

My dad was in the hospital since the middle of July with Blastomycosis, he was discharge on Aug 27th.   He was at home for a grand total of 9 hours and was then taken back to the hospital with Sepsis of which he almost died.  We were in L’Anse aux Medows NFLD when we got the news.  The following days were quite stressful as I did not know if I should leave everybody and fly to Kenora.  We made the decision to cut the East Coast trip short and drive to Kenora ASAP.  It was a good decision, when we got to Kenora my Dad was very weak but recovering.  On Sept 20th we brought birthday cake to the hospital so we could celebrate my birthday as a family with my Mom, Dad, my cousin Mary and my wife and kids.   Evy and I picked my dad up from the hospital on Sept 21st for a few hour escape from the hospital.  He was then discharged from the hospital on Sept 22nd and is at home getting stronger every day.   The first  week in Kenora we spent quite a bit of time visiting in the hospital. While we were in Kenora I did a lot of work around the house getting it ready for winter and general repairs including replacing the hot water tank and installing a mixing valve so nobody would get scalded.  We went for a few quad rides and did a bit of bird hunting.  I also had to take my parents dog to the vet to have her put down.  She was diabetic, could not see, could not hear and was going to the bathroom in the house on a regular basis.  In total we spent 3 weeks in Kenora and left seeing my parents in a relatively good position with home care in place and lots of support from family and friends.  With any luck they will be able to get a seniors apartment in town before the winter is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment