Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 95 Nov 6 2014 Montanita Ecuador

jumping in the waves, montanita ecuador

waiting for lunch


Day 95  Nov 6 2014  Montanita Ecuador


Today we moved down the coast approximately 30 km to Montanita, it is a town know for surfing.  We are in a little Hostal right on the beach.  I am in a hammock typing this and listening to the waves pound into the beach (pretty hard to take).  We are planning on taking it easy here and just enjoy the beautiful beach and surf.  David and Isabel were happy to be playing in the biggest waves of their life.  Evy and Isabel were probably in the ocean for 1 ½ to 2 hours and David and I for 1 hour.  When I was leaving the ocean I felt “fishing line” around my ankle.  I figured I would pull it out of the ocean and throw it in the garbage; however when I grabbed it with my hands I realized I was being stung on my legs.  It was a beautiful tentacle of a little blue jelly fish, ah the beauty of nature.  I was stung on the stomach and upper and lower legs which prompted a walk into town to buy vinegar.  The beach here is very wide at low tide, so we went for a walk on the beach in the moonlight.  It would have been so romantic if we did not have 2 bickering kids with us.  David dropped the Ipad 2 mini that he purchased on Oct 26 and destroyed the screen.  I guess we will have purchase the Applecare plus after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment