Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 153 Jan 4 2015 Candidasa Bali Indonisia

Run Isy Run

Her best construction to date

sand monster

so this is what a coconut tastes like

Day 153  Jan 4 2015    Candidasa Bali Indonisia


We enjoyed another hot sunny day at White Sand Beach.  I had the intention of snorkeling but the ocean was too rough to allow for enjoyable snorkeling.  We played in the waves and really enjoyed them especially David.  When the waves started to get a bit smaller I decided it was safe to take Isabel a little bit deeper.  We were in the water for at least 30 minutes with no problems, when Isabel said “look out daddy”.  I turned towards the ocean just in time to see a massive wave bearing down on us.  Isabel was hanging onto my back so I yelled at her to get into my arms.  We tried to go under the wave but the trough in front of it was only slightly above the bottom of the ocean.  The wave tumbled Isabel and I like rag dolls, we got through the first wave ok and I stood up to get my bearings only to see a second massive wave about to hit us.  Again we were rolled along the bottom of the ocean with Isabel wrapped in my arms.  Again we made it through with no problems. Again I stood up to get my bearing only to see a third wave about to hit us.  The third wave ripped Isabel out of my arms on the second or third roll and I barely managed to grab her bathing suit to hold onto her under the wave.  When it was over I was relieved to see David safely on the shore looking at us.  Everybody that was around us also seemed to be looking for the people that they were with and there were a lot of stunned looking expressions on their faces.  There were a few large waves after that but none quite a large as those 3 and I did not have Isabel hanging onto me.  We had another lovely beach lunch and Isabel constructed a sand castle with her new pail set.    

1 comment:

  1. Maybe ship had gone by much further out and the waves increased in intensity because they amplified the regular waves?? Glad you guys are ok. Interesting read of your blog up to date!

    ReplyDelete