Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 218 Mar 10 2015 Nong Thale Thailand

beach day 

nice stroll down the beach in the 38 degree weather

looking for crabs

told the kids to stay off the slippery rocks! I should have taken my own advice.

Day 218  Mar 10  2015  Nong Thale Thailand


We went to the beach for a few hours today.  I tried snorkeling around a small island just off shore but the visibility was not good and there was very little to see.  At low tide we walked to the island and were looking for crabs along the shore.  I told the kids to be careful and stay off the wet rocks as there were slippery.  A short time later I was walking along the rocks and slipped, scrapping my foot and leg.  I never lost my balance and slid off the rock onto the sand like a skater on an inclined rink.  The rock did not look any different than the dry rock beside it but it was like black ice and gave no warning of the danger.  The salt water helped clean up the blood and we continued playing in the water for a while longer.  We then headed back to the condo and spent time playing in the pool. The rest of the day was spent reading about stuff in Europe and finding a place to stay when we get to Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment