Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 221 Mar 13 2015 Nong Thale Thailand

the climb

made it 

after getting back down

Tiger Cave Temple
fossil shell beach


Day 221  Mar 13  2015  Nong Thale Thailand


The highlight of the day was a trip to the Tiger Cave Temple where I climbed the 1237 steps to the top.  David made it 830 steps and sat down on the stairs and waited for me to get back down.  Evy and Isabel made it 260 steps when Evy had a problem with acrophobia and had to turn back.  The view from the top was nice and I got to brag that I was the only one of the family that made it.  The climb to the top made me realize how much my physical condition has improved since we started our trip in August.  When we climbed the 476 steps at Daredevil trail in Newfoundland I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest.  I did not have much trouble climbing the steps at the Tiger Cave even though the temperature was in the high 30’s.  Coming back down the steps caused me more grief then the climb. By the time I got back down my legs were shaking from what I can only assume was muscle fatigue.   You really had to watch the monkeys as they would grab just about anything and run.  One tried to grab our camera but did not succeed.  Isabel and Evy saw a monkey grab a wallet out of a woman’s purse as she was walking and bottles of water seemed to be a favorite target.  The next stop of the day was at the Fossil Shell Beach which is slabs of fossilized shells.  No one was at the entrance booth to take our money so we just walked in.  When we got to the site we were very happy that we did not pay the $20 it should have cost to get in.  The “beach” is very unimpressive as the majority of reviews on trip advisor stated.  We spent no more than a few minutes there taking pictures then left.  We went to Ao Nang for supper and a drink then stopped at a hair salon where David and I got haircuts and Evy  had her hair colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment