Friday, July 31, 2015

Day 319 June 20 2015 to Day 327 June 28 2015 Kenora Ontario













Day 319  June 20 2015 to  Day 327  June 28  2015   Kenora  Ontario

My mom came from her apartment in town to stay with us at the camp.   We went to visit my dad in Pinecrest and I was expecting to find a man that was in bad condition with not much mobility.  I was delighted to discover that after almost dying several times in the past few months and spending almost 10 months in the hospital he was again eating well and mobile.   We picked him up on a daily basis to spend the day at the camp.  I went fishing a few times and the pickerel were biting well.  We moved some furniture and other supplies to my mom’s apartment as well as shampooed her couch.  Evy and I went out for a few beers with Frank and Don, a couple of friends that I had not seen in many years and their wives.  The kids spent quite a bit of time swimming and we went on a few quad rides.  These days were also the saddest of the sabbatical.  On the 25th Evy and I went to visit my best friend in Winnipeg.   Tony had a brain hemorrhage at the end of May and had been in the hospital ever since.  When we got to the hospital I showed him a few pictures from the trip and talked to Agnes.  After a few hours Evy and I went for coffee with Agnes.  When we got back to the room there were 3 nurses repositioning Tony and when I looked at him he was white.  I said to Evy that does not look good.  A few seconds latter his wife said his fingers are turning blue followed by a nurse saying his lips are blue.  The room filled with 4 doctors and lots of nurses all trying to revive Tony but it was all to no avail.  A few weeks earlier we had been planning on going fishing together in Kenora in June but unfortunately it was not to be.  Evy and I spent the night with Agnes and went to the airport to pick up her son in the morning.   During the remaining days in Kenora I did a few jobs such as repairing the clothes line and a few other odds and ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment