Friday, July 31, 2015

Day 358 July 29 2015 Kincardine Ontario


Day 358 July 29 2015 Kincardine Ontario


The sabbatical is officially over as we are starting to do things to get our lives back to normal.  We put the insurance back on all our cars.  The phone and internet are reconnected and the water is back on.  It was an absolutely fantastic year and I would do it over in a second.   There was nothing that I regret seeing or doing.  I just wish I had more time off (more money would also not hurt) so I could visit more places.  We had to cut part of Bolivia from our itinerary as well as Turkey due to time constraints.   I never made it to Machu Pichu as I returned to see my dad in the hospital; however Evy is willing to make the sacrifice and return with me one day.  That is so generous of her.  The overall cost of the year including maintain our house was $130 000 which is several thousand less than we had planned but very close.  After home schooling for the year I have developed a firm opinion that people who home school when there is a perfectly good school available to them are crazy.  The kids are looking forward to having real teachers next year and they have developed a new appreciation for school.  In the future if they complain about school, I will just threaten them with home schooling.  I am sure that will set them on the right track again.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story in this blog! Glad you all had a great year!!!!

    ReplyDelete