Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 115 Nov 26 2014 Lima Peru, Puno Peru

view from plaza by Lake Titicaca towards Puno

Lake Titicaca

checking out the prices

a paddle boat ride on Lake Titicaca

Day 115  Nov 26 2014  Lima Peru, Puno Peru

Me in Lima Peru

Tony drove me to the airport at 4:30 am the thermometer in his car showed the temperature to be -27 deg C.  The flights to Lima were non eventful and I arrived in Lima at 11:35 am.  I took a taxi to a hostal where the taxi driver told me not to walk around the area as it was dangerous.  The hostal was clean and relatively quiet.


Evy and kids in Puno Peru

Our last day without Sam. We left the apartment late in the morning and walk down the hill to the town. We encounter a friendly neighbour dog that walked with us all the way to town. The kids were worried that he may get lost and I reassure them dogs are smarter in Latin America. We toured the central plaza, had a look at the church, ate lunch and then continue our walk to Lake Titicaca. We investigated times and prices for tours and plan to go whe Sam arrives.   There were pedal boats rentals at the lake shore and the kids decided to take me for a ride around as I announced that after our walk I was not going to do it. My plan did not work as expected as Isabel was too short to reach the pedals and I ended up helping David. We took a taxi back to the apartment and had a relaxing dinner and did some home schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment