Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day 143 Dec 25 2014 Candidasa Bali Indonisia

small Christmas presents that we will not have to carry

David got his favorite chocolates

Day 143  Dec 25 2014   Candidasa Bali Indonisia


White Sand Beach was the place we went to today, it is a typical beach in paradise.  The kids and Evy played in the waves while I went snorkeling.  The area I was snorkeling in was along some cliffs so there was no shallow water.  I was swimming in water that ranged from 10 to 20 feet deep.  There were some very nice coral gardens with lots of very colorful fish and eels.  We saw some dolphins swimming just off the beach. We ate at a beach front restaurant, the kids had grilled squid and Evy and I had grilled fish.  Almost immediately after eating Evy and I developed pounding headaches, our heart started beating at a high rate, we developed red patches over our bodies, some stomach cramps, Evy's tongue felt swollen  and I had a bit of nausea.  We were lucky in that the taxi driver was scheduled to pick us up from the beach shortly after we started getting sick.  When we got to the apartment we both took benadryl and went to sleep for a few hours.  When we woke up we were both feeling good and we had not experienced any vomiting or diarrhea as I was expecting.  After consulting Dr. Google, I am convinced we had something called “histamine fish poisoning”.

1 comment: