Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 116 Nov 27 2014 Puno Peru

A relaxing cup of Coca tea
the street outside the apt we rented in Puno Peru

Day 116   Nov 27 2014  Puno Peru


I left Lima at 11:50 am and arrived in Juliaca at 1:30 pm.  During the approach to Juliaca I experienced the worst turbulence I have ever been through in my life.   It was a very interesting flight as you could see the mountains out the left side windows and they did not seem very far away.  When I arrive in Julica, Evy and the kids were there waiting for me.  We took a taxi to the apartment in Puno which took about ½ hour.  The apartment is located in the highest part of Puno overlooking the town and Lake Titicaca; a very nice view.  I did a lot better at the high altitude than I expected to.  I only had a slight shortness of breath and a headache, not bad for coming from Winnipeg to almost 4000 meters above sea level.  It seems that the coca tea does help and I actually enjoy the taste of it.   We went for a downhill walk to Plaza de Armas which is the center of Puno and had ice cream then we checked out the cathedral.  We finished the evening with a shopping trip the grocery store and took a taxi back to the apartment as there was no way I was going to walk up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment